1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Fired for Posting on SJ

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by journalist68, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I believe, my good sir, that JayFarrar's first post on the recorder thread was sarcasm in itself. He wasn't actually serious. I would hope and assume you know this already, but after seeing how far you've taken it, felt like it would be a good idea to clear this up myself.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Lordy I forgot the sarcasm font that day.
    Not only do I tape record every interview. I transcribe them, save the transcription and then also digitally archive the recording.
    With what I write, I get sued if I get something wrong, so I'm what you call careful.
    Edit: Thanks Eagleboy, whomever you are

3. Well the joke's on me ... maybe it's cuz I knew a reporter who did the exact same thing you described and didn't see the problem with it until s/he lost their career.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well while you're waiting you can go fix me a sandwich, gold-digger.

5. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I don't believe in anonymity, but understand those who do. Your call, not mine.
    I also believe in telling it like it us (or at least how I see it), though ALL your cards don't have to be on the table.
    It's unfortunate that others can't handle one's perspective on the truth (hello bitter cold state!).

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I must have missed that one.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

chills......

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A cautionary tale. Three words: Sloe eyed sabras.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So then I take it your real name is MGoBlue? Eh. I've seen worse.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, we love scolding.

Buh-bye.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Better stop lurking in my shrubbery, 68. The restraining order is still in effect.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mr./Ms. 68, O learned one, could you please deign to share some of your precious keystrokes with us once more, to tell us what one or both of the two 20,000-post people on this board did that was remotely stalking-like on this thread. There were a few 10,000-post/1,000-post people who also hijacked this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted