1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Fired for Posting on SJ

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by journalist68, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Is your boss Henry Hecht?

2. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

A very topical joke, well done, sir!

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

This makes my head hurt.

rb

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I knew his boss knew that he knew that his boss knew about the post, but I don't know if they both knew that the other knew this.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Posts from hh have a way of doing that.

6. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Like many who responded, I would never rip on my current paper (FYI ... I hate the term 'shop.' You work for a newspaper, not a tool-and-die).

That typed, I have burned a bridge or two at past papers. Hi Carty!

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I would rip on my paper, but it's the greatest place in America to work, my boss is the greatest human being I've ever encountered, and our 24/7 mission is to provide the best possible product every day without compromising any principles or selling out to advertisers. Oh, and the pay is so good that sometimes I give some of it back to the company just because I want to.

How's that, boss? ;)

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a little more willingness to sell out to advertisers, son.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Something else to be careful about, although it's hard to believe many would make this mistake.

Somebody once posted on here RIPPING a couple of former co-workers under a suitably anonymous name.

And in his profile was -- his real-name e-mail address, along the lines of jonathanfjones@company.com.

Um, don't do that.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Why anyone would have an anonymous handle, and then put their E-mail addy ... or IM ... or ICQ in their profile, is beyond me. And for that matter, linking to your Web page which has any of those things, too.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Beats the hell out of me. But this guy did.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I had my email addy showing until the first time someone recognized me, and then PM'ed me saying they knew who I was but wouldn't tell me who they were.

That creeped me out, so I hid it.

Draft saved Draft deleted