1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being a fan and covering a team

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Jan 30, 2012.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have no quotes than a useless quote.

2. I feel the same way. The Tampa Bay Lightning is all I have left. On one hand, I'd love to cover the NHL. On the other, it would probably take all of four days on an NHL beat before I lost all interest in rooting for any team ever again.

On the upside of it all, I appreciate sports in general and athletic achievement far more than I ever could have before I got into journalism.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Grantland's Shane Ryan, from last night's Duke-North Carolina game. Doing his best to dispel the "no cheering in the press box" myth. Ahem.

Yeah, we'll tell you when objectivity in sports journalism is dead, Shane. Keep an eye open for it.

--------------------------

Oh, he's THIS Shane Ryan.

Oh.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Shane Ryan writes for Grantland.

He obviously has something to say that people want to read, and that a prominent and very desirable landing place for sports writers thinks is worth hosting.

Clinging to old ways, old approaches . . . well, you know the rest.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, he has landed somewhere prominent.

He does have something to say that others want to read.

Draft saved Draft deleted