1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning of the end for Vince McMahon and WWE?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 27, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

According to Meltzer, WWE has pretty much eliminated any and all references to Chris Benoit. I guess if his name isn't around, it never happened.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

From time to time, Benoit's name or image finds its way into WWE stuff online, but yeah, if you don't already own the Chris Benoit DVD they put out a few years ago, or older versions of WWE and WCW DVDs, you'll forget he ever existed.

It's listed on the Pro Wrestling thread already, but WWE suspended two wrestlers today, Chris Masters (second violation of the drug testing so he's gone 60 days) and Harry Smith (D.H. Smith, son of Davey Boy Smith -- British Bulldog) who got his first offense which is 30 days. Smith's suspension really sucks because his dad died and steroids definitely contributed to his early death.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And who can forget that two-hour tribute on RAW? If McMahon were serious about this -- and it's obvious he's not -- he would fire anyone who flunks a steroids test. Like we need to a Master-lock Challenge.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And have these TV crew people quit? Protested? Done anything but keep taking paychecks from Vince McMahon and his band of scumbags?

Have any of the assholes who watch RAW stopped watching?

Are a whole bunch of you still posting on the wrestling thread and talking about this bulllshit "sport?"

You all keep talking about this "travesty" but the wrestling thread is at 122 pages and still going strong.
    You all suck as bad as Vince McMahon does.
    You keep him in business, hypocritical assholes that you are.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buy you a beer, buddy? Bring you a puppy? Need a hug?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

None of the above, slap.

You can not tell me it's a "travesty that this story has all but disappeared" if you spend one second paying attention to WWE.

Anyone who turns on RAW is a Vince McMahon enabler and has no right to do anything but STFU about the "travesty" they are supporting.

7. Wrestlers on steroids are as common as actors/musicians on cocaine. From time to time, someone drops dead, and maybe they take someone else with them. We still watch the movies, listen to the music, cheer the sport, etc. So, really, who gives a fuck?

Entertainment, sports, wrestling, all of our forms of escapism aren't going anywhere as long as there's money to be made. And, really, in this world, shit like this is the very least of our worries.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Game

Set

Match

People get mad/upset/sad when they find out their favorite wrestlers are doping. People were shocked about Chris Benoit.

But it will not stop people from shelling out $100 per seat to go to one of these things......won't stop people from dropping $50 for some PPV event.

It will not stop people.

If you're mad and upset about it.......then do something about it other than bitch. Don't watch it.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've not watched Raw, Smackdown, ECW or TNA since the Benoit death (I've also NEVER paid for a PPV and have only watched very few) and have stuck to that promise. I, do, however, read reports online because I have an interest in seeing how things are being done since Benoit's death and killings. Predictably, WWE seems to be skating by and Benoit's name is, for the most part, is out of the news and mainstream people have moved on. One interesting thing, though, is that Chris Jericho, a guy who went around to do a few of those Nancy Grace, Larry King shows when it was seemingly on every night was very well-spoken about Benoit and the things going on now has a new book out and is about to go back to a WWE wrestling career. That just sickens me and worse, the fans' appetite for Jericho's return is just as hearty because for some reason wrestling will get back to what it was before Benoit's death (and others). Sadly, for those who did enjoy it, it won't EVER come back until there are serious steps taken to clean it up and it is maintained for the betterment of all involved. I'm looking at you Paul Levesque (Triple H) and Vince McMahon and all of the WWE higher-ups. All of them need to take a drug test in public and without time to mask it because they have NO credibility in my eyes.

Chef: So if we don't pay any attention to what's going on in Iraq, will it all go away? Please.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I have a feeling McMahon will survive this. Nothing ever seems to stick with this guy.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The difference is steroids are a virtual prerequisite to work in the wrestling business. You don’t have to be a drug addict to get a contract from Sony or some other music company.

Who gives a fuck? I’m guessing the families and friends of the guys who poisoned themselves into early graves do.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Spnited, for the record, I do not, nor have I watched WWE programming.

Draft saved Draft deleted