1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning of the end for Vince McMahon and WWE?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 27, 2007.

1. And there-in lies the problem. It's all based off a "baseline" test. The way I read that is you could come in juiced to the gills, and as long as your ratio never exceeded the one in your baseline, you'd always pass.

2. EE94

EE94 Guest

What a freaking joke. They want to stop negative influences, outlaw smoking in movies.

3. McMahon is certainly hoping the "WTF? It's only wrestling" mentality wins out.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe Waxman is a "mark."

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh yes, that bully Congress.

Can't overrule the President so they resort to meddling in order to get their 14 percent approval rating bumped.

Chris Benoit is a murderer who chose to load up on steroids. He inflicted upon himself what a good court would have asked for anyway. The rest of these guys chose to take the shit for career's sake. They're entertainers, they don't compete like baseball or football or track athletes, so Congress should stay the hell out of this and find something a bit more productive to do.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

McMahon sat down and talked with our own Lynn Hoppes. Steroids were brought up and McMahon blamed his former employees and the evil media.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-vince0207nov02,0,4767926.story

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I hate Vince McMahon, but I'm not going to lie, I used to love this stuff when I was younger. I pretty much stopped watching when The Rock left.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's sad that the "Blame the media" defense is just a kneejerk reaction these days. I mean, seriously, why in the hell would anyone in the media give a rat's ass about Vince McMahon one way or the other? How paranoid and arrogant do you have to be to think there's a broad conspiracy against a two-bit wrestling bully?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, there was a little story over the summer that you might have missed. One of his wrestlers killed his child and wife. It got a little attention.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

So I guess what Vince is trying to say is that it's hard to get your side of the story out there unchallenged when your side of the story is complete and utter bullshit. Only that it were true...

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Pretty much, yes.

Poor Vince McMahon, having to answer uncomfortable questions after his employees kill two people, commit suicide and routinely fail a joke of a drug testing system.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I talked to a few of the WWE TV crew people last week.
    All of them said the same thing, it's amazing how it's as though nothing happened. It's almost just as much a travesty that this story has disappeared.

Draft saved Draft deleted