1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Before I'd root for Duke in the Final Four, I would rather...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Yeah, not an alum by any means. But I was 8 the first time I saw Grant Hill play and was an instant fan and Im not apologizing for it. Let the haters hate all they want

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So you became a fan just as they were getting good? Kudos for your loyalty. :D

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Did you want me to like them before I watched college basketball? Because I guess in some parallel universe, that could have happened.

I also liked them during The Gaudet Year. And through other lean years. Just like it's not dreunc's fault UNC has been good as long as he's been alive....it's not mine I started to like Duke when they were good. Besides, I didn't know they were good. My dad said "That guy's the best coach in the country." And I saw his name and had no idea how to say it. So I started to like them because my dad liked the coach. It's what girls do.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

... turn straight.
    ... eat lima beans.
    ... see some random chick's nude webcam.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What is a lean year for Duke? 10 losses?

They have had one in 25 years?

6. imjustagirl

IT IS NOT MY FUCKING FAULT WHEN I WAS BORN.

I was raised in Cleveland. No one rooted for Cleveland State. So what was I supposed to do? Just NOT pick a team?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

LOL

You needed to start forming a "lovingnationess" for Clark Kellogg and Jay Burson.

8. imjustagirl

Yeah, Ohio State was NOT an option.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Hey, don't bring me into this. You're the one who sucks! :)

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Don't know about you, but I want to see U.S. Steel succeed. The company laid off almost everyone from the plant in our coverage area, including the father of a co-worker. Very few have been called back.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

as for the original question,

root for Michigan State, which has represented our state quite well for many years. Despite the injuries, I can't believe Sparty got to the Final Four - again. Wow.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--design a page using HELMETS!
    --see spnited dressed in drag
    --have clubber "hit" my mom

Draft saved Draft deleted