1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer snob sues MillerCoors for making Blue Moon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 6, 2015.

1. I don't think it matters what the guy's beer tastes like ... I think he's has a sound argument against Coors and "Crafty" marketing.
    Craft Beer is a pretty clear definition and as noted earlier Coors is no where close to it.

Does Coors decide where its beer is placed in the stores?

I like Blue Moon. Good beer, but Coors deserves to be called out.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think Crossfit is the exact opposite of Fight Club, because the #1 rule about Crossfit is to never stop talking about Crossfit.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I haven't read the suit, but "artfully crafted" and "craft beer" have nothing to do with each other. The former is nothing more than a BS advertising slogan. I hope the case is heard, because it is aggravating to pay import prices for mass-produced beer.
    Also don't think it's fair to call this guy a beer snob. No self-respecting beer snob would have to be told that Blue Moon is comes from a major brewery.
    And now you guys have me thinking about my aggravating friends who won't go to certain bars because they "don't have any good beers." If a place has five or six beers on tap, I would expect any beer drinker to find something tolerable. I prefer Sierra Nevada or Anchor Steam over Miller Lite too, but who can afford that shit all the time?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Had two tall Natty B'ohs tonight with a burger. Is B'oh crafty?

I don't really care. Whatever gives you a buzz and makes you piss is what I say.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You are not a beer snob if you dont know who makes Blue Moon. I am not a beer snob but knew who makes Blue Moon

BDC99 likes this.
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Why do you not believe it. Both ML and Bud are very dry, clean and crisp beers. The style is shit and they use tons of adjunct fermentables, but those beers are extremely good examples of the style. There is no room to hide flaws in those beers.

Not even close. Stella hops with saaz and uses a Danish lager yeast.
    Bud uses a blend of Saaz, Hallertau and Tettanang, and a Bohemian yeast.

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

SNOB!

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't know what any of this means, but I do know that Stella is still pisswater that is not worth an extra dollar a bottle, at least.

European piss is still piss.

spikechiquet likes this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Stella and Blue Moon both suck. But they'll do in a pinch.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I didn't say they weren't "piss." I was just noting that, while similar, they are very different beers.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Blue Moon is a very heavy beer, too heavy for my tastes. My go-to beer is Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat (still, 10 years after I discovered it). Both products are MillerCoors owned. I'm OK with macro ownership as long as they don't fuck it up.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's not even that it's undrinkable swill. Sure, anything will do in a pinch after a rough day. It just fascinates me how much more people are willing to pay for it (and shit like Foster's, for example) simply because it's imported.

Draft saved Draft deleted