1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer snob sues MillerCoors for making Blue Moon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 6, 2015.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think we're up to five now: Beer, wine, music, running and cycling. ;) But for posterity, which one (or two) does he not check off?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ah. Right. Three of the five. Don't hear much about running or wine. He's a beer and bike kinda dipshit.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Does he do yoga, too?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's a really bad double, too, because I bet he talks about the great beer he had and then talks about how he burned it off with his 50-mile bike ride and how great of a ride it was.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Crossfit snobs!

jpetrie18, heyabbott and Dick Whitman like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I bet he's the guy is in charge of bringing beer to a party, but he only brings two 22-ounce bottles of beer from a brewery you never heard of saying you have to try it. That of course is after he went to that brewery in a pack ride where they took up the entire road going 10 MPH in a 45 and proceeds to complain about how rude drivers are.

expendable, YankeeFan and JackReacher like this.
  7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

All of that is true.

8. MisterCreosote

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wine snobs are worse, though I'm around beer snobs way more often, and engage in a little bit of beer snobbery myself.

Wine snobs are worse simply because they are 99 percent full of shit. When they taste blind - which they almost never do, by the way - they essentially can't tell the difference between a $5 bottle of Merlot or a $500 bottle of Cabarnet.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do love the new Miller Lite commercial where they explain with a straight face that there are "no strong flavors to hide imperfections."

YankeeFan and bigpern23 like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Had the same thought. Gussy it up however you want, you're selling piss water, Miller. But isn't the commercial just a take on the Bitter Beer Face commercials from the 90s?

12. MisterCreosote

Stella Artois is, literally, Budweiser that's brewed in Europe. And people still get conned into paying more for it.

expendable and YankeeFan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted