1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 27, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

U.S. liquor laws are enforced on a state-by-state basis. The vast majority of states have severe restrictions on shipping stuff across state lines, lest they not get their cut of the tax bounty. And the Interstate Commerce clause doesn't apply, since the 21st Amendment specifically gives regulatory power to the states.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Could you have the store, say, Beverages and More, send it to someone? Those stores are in California and perhaps they could do that.

Speaking of beers and those "variety packs" the coolest name (and worst beer) I recall was called Oranjaboom!

3. Thers is also a Beer of the Month Club you can enroll him in.
    You can buy a one month membership.
    They ship a 12-pack of unique mircobrewed beer each month to his house.
    I did it for my uncle and my best friend one year .They Loved it!

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Reason #1,577 that we should all just move to Canada.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Except you can buy beer at the corner store. We have to go to the government run Beer Store. Except in Quebec.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

This will help explain more about beer shipping:

http://beergeek.stores.yahoo.net/info.html

If you're putting something together yourself and shipping it, the USPS doesn't allow shipping of liquids. You can use UPS or FedEx, however.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

There are stores in a few small towns up this way which are licensed by the province to sell beer and liquor. It's basically like having a Beer Store/LCBO in your local variety store.

Chatsworth and Tara are the closest such communities to my house. ;)

Which was pretty much the premise behind the Bandit and Snowman's 1977 trip from Atlanta to Texarkana and back with a transport full of Coors.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Never heard of Tara but made plenty of stops at the Chatsworth Coffee Time on my out of the Sound.

There are many marinas in cottage country licensed to sell beer too.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

World Market - an artsy, craftsy kind of home furnishing stores with $700 chairs - has a great assortment of beers you can use to "build your own 12-pack" and also pre-packaged assortments, which you could then buy and break down for a beer bucket.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

The store I'm talking about in Chatty is right across the road from Coffee Time, on the west side of the highway.

Draft saved Draft deleted