1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A friend did a good thing for me, and I'd like to send him a token of my esteem. About 10 years ago another friend shipped to me as a Christmas present a bucket of beer, a variety from all over, and it arrived cold in dry ice. It was a hell of a gift, and I'd like to do something like that in this instance.

Does anyone know where I can buy an interesting assortment of beers and have it shipped like that?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

JD:

What, a six-pack of Jax isn't good enough?

I think federal regulations prohibit breweries from mailing beer. At least this one does, which otherwise would be my best suggestion:

www.widmer.com

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Can't they just fax me one? </hankjr>

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Go to your local Wal-Mart and buy a six of each. Find six friends, or just one and waste yourself over a period of three or four days. Just consider the ol' saying: Give and ye shall receive.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Is it possible to actually ship liquor/beer? A friend of mine in Colorado attempted to send me a six-pack of 90 Shilling for my birthday last year and I received a letter in the mail that said the contents had been confiscated by the U.S. Postal Service.

Of the confiscation, my friend said, "Those bastards! They probably drank it all in Denver!"

Still, that's a damn good friend to send me some 90.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i think almost all states forbid shipping beer but i could be wrong. the only thing i've ever seen online where you can order beer by mail is beer-of-the-month club. not sure how it gets around the restriction. i've often wanted to mail order beer from microbreweries and you'd have to think that if it was legal, pretty much every microbrewery would offer it.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I wonder how my friend was able to find a company to ship that bucket of beer to me in 1997. Hmm. Oh, well.

Thanks, all.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are several sites out there that will ship beer, but it depends on the laws in the receipt's state.

http://www.johnsgrocery.com/Departments/Beer/order_faq.cfm

http://www.beeronthewall.com

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I do most of my business at <url>www.beergeek.biz</url>.

And that's a hell of a gift idea.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Check this site out:
    http://www.aleinthemail.com

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You can, but you're taking quite a risk.
    As would be the sender.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't know if they do this down there at all, but up here, I know you can have beer delivered to your door, much like ordering a pizza, although you usually pay through the nose for the delivery. It might be worth checking into.

Draft saved Draft deleted