1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer of choice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 10, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bud Light is a country mile closer to beer than Coors Light.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're a fan of chocolate beers with the consistency of mud. ;)

Man, I tried one of those once at a pub where you can get eight shotglasses of different beers for like $5. I nearly lost my dinner right there.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I had some of that chocolate beer in London. Nasty.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Actually, I cannot stand heavy beers. Liking Guinness beer has almost become a cliche if that is the only heavy beer you drink.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

just had a banana bread beer. not a big fan of the fruity beers but i do like wheat beers. yeah i know the fruity beer genre is for chicks, not real men, but i sometimes like a fruity beer if it's not too, you know, fruity. banana bread beer tasted like bananas. go figure. not pleasant at all.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Local spot I stopped at Friday evening had some 2009 Goose Island Sofie on the shelf so I felt compelled to buy a few. Just finishing the first bomber now. God I love this beer. I told Mrs. Fly Sofie is my not-so-secret mistress. :wub:

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Guinness, despite it's appearance, is a relatively "light" beer.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yeah, Guinness is terrible and very, very light. It tastes like it's been nitro-tapped, which I can't stand. It also has one of the lowest ABV of any beer not marketed as "Light." Guinness Draught is 4.3%; Miller Lite and Coors Light are 4.2%; and Bud Light is 5.0%.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This.

I don't know why, but whenever I drink Coors Light (out of bottle, can, from a keg.....whatever) I always get a headache. Doesn't matter if I have one or eleventeen.

Coors Original doesn't do that to me, just the Light.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If Coors Original really tasted like original Coors, I'd live with the calories.

The original Coors -- with the cans that had the "pop-down" tabs -- was ambrosia. That, and the now-defunct Olympia.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Biggest beer myth out there. Guinness is not a heavy beer, despite its appearance. Cafferys and Kilkenny are excellent as well.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I would agree, although I still enjoy the banquet verion of Coors. And way back in the day, Oly was excellent beer. Had some at the brewery one day, when the brand was on the decline, and it tasted outstanding.

Then again, I loved Stroh's when it was just a regional beer, and National Bo before the National Brewing Company went defunct.

I remember the Mariners used to serve local beers like Rainier and Oly on tap. Now it seems as if the locals have all been displaced by the national brands, wherever you go.

Draft saved Draft deleted