1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer makes you stupid, episode No. NNNNNNNNN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Nov 7, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So I'm driving home the other night, and I get two vehicles behind this pickup moving extremely slow. It keeps inching closer to the side, then the wheels go off the pavement and the pickup goes down a short embankment and into a ditch. The truck in front of me pulls over, and so do I, to see if this person needs help. When I get out, the driver of the truck in the ditch is rocking the accelerator to try to get out. The other guy is standing on the side of the road asking if he needs help. Guy says no. I asked what happened, and he said he'd hit a deer -- the windshield was shattered -- and blown a tire. I walked around to the other side of the truck, the low side, and there are no tires on it. Just rims with ropes tied around them. Ropes? Really weird. Anyway, a couple of cars go by, and the guy starts asking if one of us can give him a ride home. He gets out of his truck and pulls out a cooler. He's either in his boxer shorts or some really short gym shorts, and he's in socks, no shoes. Then a sheriff's deputy rolls by, sees what's going on and turns around. While the deputy is doing this, the man tries to hand me the cooler and says, "I don't guess this belongs to you, does it?" Smells like Billy Joel's microphone, so I tell him sorry, but I don't think so. The cops get out, talk to me and the other guy, then send us on our way. I'm sure he was arrested for DUI.

On one level I feel sorry for the guy. DUIs are ugly business. On another, though, I'm just glad he didn't kill anyone. Or at least, I hope he didn't.

Nothing new here, just a friendly message to reinforce the designated driver practice.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Do you live in West Virginia?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like a skid row McGyver.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Is he running for the US Senate?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ropes on his rims instead of tires?

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

No burning couches in my state ...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That eliminates East Lansing

8. slap -- I've got President Fredo and you have MSU, it appears.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Just another day in Wisconsin.

10. Hey asshole, did his description say mention anything about a gunrack?

;)

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nah... no hatred.. just an easy target and I enjoy picking the wings off flies...

Now Nick Satan on the other hand...

And bubs, I never thought of it that way... but yeah, a typical day in Baraboo

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If he had I would have guessed Arkansas...

Draft saved Draft deleted