1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer Koozies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 29, 2013.

?

Do you use beer koozies?

1. Yes because it keeps my beer cold

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Yes because it keeps my beer cold and in theory hides what I'd drinking from Johnny Law

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Yes but only for the few days after I get free ones from the trade show or liquor store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No beer koozies are for high school kids and douchebags

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  5. No and koozie is spelled with a "C" dickwad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Mini Ditka

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Maybe. But doubtful. The imperial stout-type beers are my least favorite. I rarely, if ever, drink them.

And I don't HAVE to drink out of a frosted mug. But I don't turn it down if I'm at a bar or restaurant and they use them.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I understood. I find sometimes they get slimy as they warm. Another advantage of beer koozies is your hand (and the table) doesn't get wet.

3. JackReacher

You use a beer koozie at a table? Do you bring your koozie to the bar with you?

I usually use a napkin or a coaster. Most people who use koozies use them outside when it's warm, to keep the beer cold. Not to make sure your hand doesn't get wet.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Do you salt the napkin? My wife was a bartender during college and she showed me that trick.

5. JackReacher

Yup. Doesn't always work, depending on the napkin and the bottle. But it's always worth the minimal effort it takes.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

No, I meant at home (as stated previously in this thread), on a coffee table or something. And yes, I use it to keep my beer cold, indoors or out. I don't drink beer very quickly. If I'm looking to feel the effects of alcohol, I drink liquor. Beer is for taste.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

Fair enough. May your hands be free of that irritating wetness.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Dry hands, cold beer, can't lose.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Except it tastes like hell and would be better suited over pancakes than in a glass.

Do you drink soda warm, also?

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

What are you talking about?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I looped you into this post.

Lo siento.

Draft saved Draft deleted