1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Been drinking tonight? Yesh, ossifer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WazzuGrad00, Apr 19, 2007.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

From the Seattle P-I:

A 54-year-old Woodinville woman facing charges of driving with a blood-alcohol concentration nearly six times the legal limit appears to be a former Seattle police detective, court records show.

According to the Washington State Patrol and Seattle P-I records, Deana Jarrett registered an unprecedented 0.47 on a State Patrol breath test April 11 -- the highest level recorded since 1998.

Trooper Jeff Merrill said Jarrett was stopped just before 4 p.m. after colliding with two other vehicles on state Route 520, near the Northeast Redmond Way exit.

More at: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/312263_dui19.html

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

How the fuck was she even breathing?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, she doesn't have a problem.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

My favorite part is how she needed help to get out of her car. Then promptly started flopping around on the ground.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap. When I saw the story the first time, I assumed the 4 was am.

Holy crap. It was 4 pm. That's some fucking bender.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

If I'm doing the math properly, and I'm sure I'm not, it would have taken her more than 18 drinks in an hour to get that loaded.

EDIT:

7. Did she need a hat?
    (Obscure WKRP reference. It's early.)

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Cop's gotta hat, I wanna hat.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Um, wow. I can't even think of any snarky comment. I'm just that fuckin' blown away.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

**DING** And they're off!

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Did you catch the last line of the article? A Bulgarian man had a .914 blood alcohol limit. Holy martini, Batman.

Well, looks like this chick is only the American record holder. No world record---yet.

And word has it that Smirnoff is making inquiries for her to be a spokeslushperson

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Perhaps the stupidest conversation I've ever been party to was when my genius co-workers at my summer food distribution warehouse job got into a battle of oneupsmanship about who had the greatest DUI.

This woman would beat them, but probably not by much.

Draft saved Draft deleted