1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bed bugs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 13, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife is freaked the hell out b/c she's seen two small, white, otherwise non-descript buggers on the wall next to our sofa today. We had a few friends over last night and one of them conked out for a couple hours on the sofa...alas, the sleeper and her husband just spent months getting rid of bed bugs in their apartment. So my wife is worried she (our friend) was still carrying bed bugs and that our furniture is now poisoned by 'em.

Does anyone have any experience with bed bugs? Is this possible? Could our friend have carried them? It doesn't seem possible to me, and the sight of two random little white bugs that look nothing like anything we've googled just seems like coincidence to me. She, obviously, feels differently.

Thoughts?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're an idiot. I'll read the post now.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Maybe you've got lice. I hope so, at least.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

FUCK, FDP, Now I feel like I have something crawling on me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. stan_solo

stan_solo New Member

It's probably just leftovers from Casey's bedtime snack.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Think about those bugs when you're trying to fall asleep, dickhead.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And then choke on one.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You guys are the best.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's nice to be appreciated.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had a little trouble getting past the second word of the post. BYH is married??

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

As a New Yorker, I've had lots of friends with them and some apartments in our complex had them a while ago, haven't had personal experience, thank God, as they're apparently a tremendous pain in the ass to get rid of. Yes, they can travel on them, on boots, handbags, etc.

They might be white if they're babies but they'll usually look like the picture so it doesn't sound like you have them. If you start waking up with bites, though, ... call an exterminator.

We have freaked out a few times when seeing bugs we were unsure of, but it hasn't been one yet, as we haven't had any bites. But as a precaution we do use plastic protectors on the sheets.

Draft saved Draft deleted