1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Becoming Mayor at 26 makes you go...I RULE!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Using a city-owned SUV to go to the bar is pretty ridiculous. Also, flying on the Penguins' owners plane is over the top as well.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He needs to get his ass booted out of office.

It's one thing if you own up to a mistake or if you take your own private vehicle to a concert. It's quite another if you waste taxpayer dollars on it and you act as though you're entitled to do so.

People like that are just inviting karma to bite them in the balls.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And crashing a Tiger Woods event, and fighting with police at a Steeler game...and on and on and on...

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to let you all know that Bob O'Connor, the city's prior mayor who died in office, a man that I knew personally, drove a piece of crap, powder blue Oldsmobile Delta 88 for years when he was city council president. And then traded "up" for a mid 90's Pontiac Bonneville sometime around 2000. Never once did I see this man parading around in a city-owned vehicle.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

And yet another reason of why Luke will never have the same legacy of class if he's in office for 6 years.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why didn't he drive the Wlatmobile? Did he take it with him?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wlatmobile is awaiting parts somewhere in Point Breeze. It's hard to find air suspension parts for an 1989 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo.

And Markvid, agreed. I didnt agree with everything O'Connor did (he was well on his way to developing an administration of cronies, but tragic circumstances always circumvent that, and should), but he went out of his way to make you feel like you were the most important person in the room when he spoke to you. I miss Bob. He was a tremendous ambassador for the city and region.

Ravenstahl makes you feel the most important person in the room is him.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He's 27 and the mayor of a major city and I'm 41 and work for a weekly newspaper. When I was 27, I was stringing and working for a Cumberland Farms.
    What was he doing while I was sleeping until 2 p.m. every day?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I so thought this was about Kwame Kilpatrick's first term raping the city of Detroit

10. doctor x

doctor x Member

Seems like Dennis Kucinich was mayor of Cleveland at 30 and look at him now.

Hmmmm.

Hot wife, anyway.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, but he stares her right in the knees.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Not to hijack, but where is our boy Wlat at these days? Suffocating a team with that offense mindset of his?

Draft saved Draft deleted