1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beckham to MLS?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What the hell are you so threatened by? What do these folks take away from you?

You know, I think he feels inferior because he -- say it together with me, soccer fans -- DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE GAME.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Asshat High Football ROOLZ!!!!

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Also, Becks has been benched by the Galacticos.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=399849&cc=5901

I don't follow La Liga very much at all, so maybe I'm off base, but is Fabio Capello the biggest whining, petty, piece of shit manager not named Arsene Wenger?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He's close to it, but you get that a lot from Italian managers. Marcello Lippi was another one who was always looking for a reason to complain about something.

By the way boys, football is a game played with the feet. How the hell your sport isn't called handball, I'll never know....

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Pretty funny line by Amy Poehler tonight on Weekend Update ...

"David Beckham signed a $250 million deal this week with a Major League Soccer club, the Los Angeles Galaxy, which apparently ... exists."

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

You beat me to it. Excellent analogy with the NBA point guard.

If the media and fans just know what to expect from Beckham, this will be huge.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And easily the most well-known active one.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Ronaldo... Red Bull NY made him a $100-million offer last year which he rejected. They have contacted him again. I don't see it going through. There are other rumors of him going to another Euro team.

Figo... He's already signed with a team in Qatar. He's off the table. His recent comments show that he would have been a horrendous signing for MLS.

Now for the new names for Red Bull New York (that is where I know people):
    Nedved & del Piero

I heard the name Nedved thrown about a few months ago.

Other notables...
    Reyna has returned to America.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Actually, down here in Florida their mothers are forming their own amateur soccer leagues. :D They play on one field, their kids play on another.

Oh ... heroine is not a drug. However, heroin is.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ coffee - i was referring to the florida mothers who are forming their own soccer leagues. come on man, get with it.

11. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Beckham proved this week that he really does still have it.

It's almost a shame that he's going out to pasture in MLS.

From...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,2017844,00.html

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

On-field compensation for Beckham's services in LA reportedly is worth $5.5 million per year.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=410562&cc=5901

Draft saved Draft deleted