1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Because Race Car: The 2020 running motorsports thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 1, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not IndyCar, not NASCAR, not even IMSA (which was last weekend, sorry) ... you are looking LI-I-I-I-IVE at Mount Panorama and the Bathurst 12 Hours, with just over 5 hours to go as I post this:

2. 2muchcoffeeman

And left over from last weekend at Daytona Beach, ACO and apparently FIA have already abandoned Hypercar and have signed an agreement with Jim France and IMSA which calls for the eventual successor to IMSA's second-generation Daytona Prototype to also become the eventual successor to the ridiculously expensive LMP1 under the ponderous classification "LeMans Daytona hybrid" (LMDh). If this works, both Le Mans/WEC prototype teams and IMSA prototype teams will be able to draw from the same cars. The move should allow for growth of prototype racing not seen since the halcyon days of the Porsche 962.

IMSA and ACO sign prototype convergence agreement
    LMDh to replace DPi in new IMSA ACO convergence
    PRUETT: Converging toward some home truths

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Unbelievable track. So much elevation change. Makes Sears Point look puny. And it's all public roads.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

Yeah, and when the weather is hot the track has a bit of a grip issue.

Record number of pre-race withdrawals at Bathurst

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not quite Circuit de la Sarthe or Nurburgring, but formidable in its own right.

Draft saved Draft deleted