1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Because God has decreed it...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, May 31, 2011.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

As a Lutheran I'd like to say I am sick and tired of people bashing Lutefisk.

Leave the Lutefisk alone!

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bachman? Isn't that a Jewish name?

3. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I always do.

4. Machine Head

Oh, sure..I bet you're one of the ones who takes all the ham rolls with butter and lemon bars!

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Two n's. Not Jewish.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

So when she inevitably gets her clock cleaned and drops out, that will be God's will too, right?

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

As in Eichmann.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Please God, let her find a running mate named Turner.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"'The Lord told me to run for President' Yeeeeeeah, yeah I'll bet he did. The Lord must want to make you look like a complete ass in the political arena." - Sam Kinison on Pat Robertson.

11. Machine Head

Being serious, I don't think it's fair to Bachmann to compare her to the names in the first post.

She has every right to run. I also have no doubt she will have more moments like when she went all 'Tail Gunner Joe' with Chris Matthews. And that will be that.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know anything of substance about Bachmann, but I thought comparing her (and her motivations) to those others was beyond the pale, unless in jest (and it didn't come across as in jest). I have several close friends/family members who are as liberal as she is conservative, and it would not surprise me at all to hear them framing their decision as answering "a call." Indeed, my wife's sibling ran for (and won the Democratic nomination for) the U.S. House several years ago, and the lead up to that decision involved a lot of "prayerful consideration."

Draft saved Draft deleted