1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beavis and Butthead are coming back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw "Vaya Cornholio" recently, and I thought it was even funnier than the original Cornholio.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cornholio made me laugh every damn time I saw it. I still can't explain why. And most of the time, I really didn't like this show.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Classic.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Army recruiter: "If you boys are lucky, I can get you stationed at Fort Dix."

Butthead: "Is that anywhere near Fort Nuts?"

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The first episode simply has to be "Beavis and Butt-Head Visit The Real World of The Jersey Shore," where they meet a fat ugly greaser chick named "Nooki," who is way, WAY, dumber than they are -- to the point the boys just recoil in disgust.

The genius of the original B&B episodes was that they took what was then the predominant programming on MTV -- hair-metal videos (and others) -- and absolutely ripped the shit out of them. Instead of vacuous sycophantic veejays prattling on about how "awesome" and "epic" the latest offering from Winger etc etc, we had Beavis and Butt-head stating in no uncertain terms, "THIS SUCKS!!!" (And it did.)

Hopefully they will do the same with the reality-show horseshit which has clogged and destroyed the channel ever since their departure. Because THAT SUCKS, TOO! (Much worse than any Winger video).

They can't rip on or parody music videos now (they certainly can't make it the whole basis of the show) -- MTV doesn't play enough videos in a month to provide fodder for one 15-minute episode of B&B.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

This is the greatest news of all time.
    We need to start a band. Today. Right now.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Mine has more bumps:

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing they're paying Judge a truckload of $$$ because that was the reason he quit the show in the first place. I remember him saying on Stern that he would make more to do one episode of King of the Hill than he would on 10 episodes of Beavis and Butthead.

9. Mizzougrad96

This is outstanding news.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The other thing I remember is that the quality of the B and B episodes went downhill once Judge started working on the movie, and in the final season when he also was working on King of the Hill. He probably was pretty burned out by then.

11. Mizzougrad96

The South Park guys acknowledged the same thing happened when they were doing their movie. They're still under contract to do regular episodes of the show, so they almost have to phone it in.

The Cornholio episodes are among the funniest things that I've ever seen on TV.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

"These chicks would not talk to us."
    "Maybe if we were driving their bus and they had to go to the bathroom really bad they'd talk to us."
    "Yeah, they'd say 'Pull over buttmunch, I have to take a dump!'"

Draft saved Draft deleted