1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beauty pageant gaffe..this time, Miss Utah

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Maybe someone considered the title I gave the last one political and didn't look at it. This from the Miss USA pageant Sunday. Miss Teen S Carolina, US Americans and the Iraq can relax now. They all have company.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/06/miss-utahs-equal-pay-response-flub/

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Seems only fitting to have the "Billy Madison" academic decathlon judge provide an appropriate response.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

she should move to Texas, in a couple of years she can be governor or Senator.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If she moves to Alaska she can be vice president.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There's something about a dumb hot chick that gives me faith in the world. Very enjoyable.

Probably why I watch so much Fox.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And the U.S. Americans...and like as such... rejoiced!!!

7. dog eat dog world

At least...at least...the Utah girl completed coherent sentences.

8. LongTimeListener

I suppose they are coherent sentences in DEDW-speak.

9. dog eat dog world

Subject, verb. More than the teen. Your ears are as clogged as your eyes are blurry. They were complete sentences that didn't make sense. Such as ...The Iraqs....and maps to US Americans....didn't jibe either way.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/17/miss-utah-marissa-powell-miss-usa-epic-fail-meltdown/

Oh, she didn't hear the question! Of COURSE.

11. LongTimeListener

Coherent means "makes sense" -- or, according to Merriam-Webster, "having clarity or intelligibility." If they didn't make sense, they were not coherent.

This little exchange explains so much about you.

12. dog eat dog world

And how big an a-hole you are that you can't avoid personal insult in even a post far removed from a political thread.

You're lucky if you have any friends. You were lucky if you didn't have your ass kicked in high school. You're even luckier that it hasn't happened in your adult years. Assuming, of course, that you are an adult. Assuming.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.