1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beauty and the Geek: This sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 1, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

So I've been watching this for hours on VH-1, because my wife is into it and I'm too lazy to get out of my recliner.

This show SUCKS. There's nothing appealing about it (well, except the girls). There's no chemistry here between the hotties and the nerds. The hotties are unbearably stupid and vapid. Why are these smart guys stooping this low? The host is dorkier than Ryan Seacrest. The "drama" is insipid. Oh yeah and it's produced by Asston Kutcher.

Yet this show succeeds, at least by the standards of the CW. How is that? Does anyone actually watch this?

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

BYH = whipped.

/authority on whipped men

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahem, do you have anything to contribute to the Beauty and the Geek discussion?

If not, then pedal your ass on outta here, THIRD-PLACE boy. :D :D

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I watch it BYH, but I'm a chick, so I suppose I'm who they're targeting.

I think it's sweet to see people who are considered geeks learning about street stuff from pretty girls who are absolutely retarded. My favorite question/answer combo on the show was on the season premiere with a picture of John Kerry and the chick responded that he was Al Gore.

When they start to get romantically involved, I think it's endearing to see the transformation from people so focused on looks to realizing there's something else in life and from the guys seeing how much progress the girls are making in knowledge.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

BYH, if you don't love Josh, the Woody Allen wannabe, from the inaugural season...then you're not human!

I haven't turned this off much today, and I like watching it. Just the complete shock when they see how the other doesn't know things the first considers basic elements of their life...beautiful.

Plus...Wes is hot.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wes is kinda hot. I find it interesting that the last two seasons, the geekiest guy's team has won.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I actually haven't watched a complete season of it yet. I know I like Josh from this first season, but I don't know if he's the "geekiest." I guess he is...but Ankur makes me feel icky. And boy did I hate Chris.

I think I saw an episode or two of the second season.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

One of my buddies was going to swear off TV if Josh didn't win.

I won't spoil it for BYH, but I absolutely loved Josh. If he was a foot taller, I would've dated him in a second. I would've bought him a cooler murse, but I'd have dated him.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Ankur creeps me out, too. There's just something about him that's really weird. Chris was an asshole. I think my favorite was Ty but he was gone early. Oh, and I hate Cher. Tristin was definitely my favorite chick on the show.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Reality TV = the continued dumbing-down of America.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, the murse bothered me. And he was TOO Woody Allen for me...the mannerisms would have made me smack him.

But his "What happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas...but I want EVERYONE to know I had two attractive women gyrating against me. I want EVERYONE to know that" made me giggle.

Ty was weird...he kept being mean to Thais because she didn't study. As for the girls...I probably liked Tristin or Brittany.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

shotglass: continually needing to weigh in negatively on things others enjoy to rain on their parade.

Draft saved Draft deleted