1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beautiful gold, so-so silver and shameful bronze: The running Olympics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You would think the mayor of London could have showed up in a better taylored suit. He looks like he might have enjoyed a few pints before the cerimony.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm not going to say Boris Johnson would be a candidate for Upper-Class Twit of the Year.

No, wait, I am.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

What percentage of athletes on the field right now are absolutely hammered? I'm going with 75.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Is that Jimmy Page or Bill Clinton up there with Leona Lewis?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: Beautiful gold, so-so silver and shameful bronze: The running Olympics threa

What kind of odds can I get on Jimmy Page not making it to the lighting of the torch in 2012?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why did beckham kick back the symbolic soccer ball given to the litle girl?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Difference is we should know that Pink Floyd won't fabricate stuff for fans and viewers. Can the same be said of China?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck, can the same be said of george bush?

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

They had to. They ran out of table tennis.
    Hey, the finale of the ceremonies is pretty good, if a ripoff of the 1980 opening show in Moscow.

10. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Was it just me, or did it look like Jimmy Page was faking his guitar playing?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If you want the truth, Eric Clapton did the solo, but Page is better looking, so he got to appear.

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

NBC edited the speeches of the Chinese boss and Rogge severely. And what's with Costas leavng halfway through? Not a party animal?

Draft saved Draft deleted