1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beatles remasters: Are you buying?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The collection is split up already.

2. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

Are you guys using iTunes to rip this stuff? I heard you couldn't do that. You know a work-around, or is the music ripping automatically? I'd consider this if I could put the music on my iPod. I know it defeats the point of remasters, but I don't want to lug 14 CDs everywhere.

3. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I didn't have any problems ripping mine.

4. dieditor

dieditor Member

I ripped everything really easily for my iPod and iPhone into iTunes. Just make sure you set your preferences to Apple Lossless format so you don't lose the quality.

PM me if you have any problems and I'd be happy to help.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The remasters sound great. Most of the rock tracks have an extra punch while softer tunes like "I Will" showcase the clarity.

If I had to complain about anything, it's the Sgt. Pepper album. It's a lot, uh, quieter than the other discs.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Rolling Stone usually goes years between five-star reviews for new records. Re-issues and remastered stuff is another story.

I'd like to see the list of five-star reviews they've had in the last 20 years. I think Automatic for the People got one. I think Vs. got one.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

http://erikjheels.com/?p=1173

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I know RS gave Springsteen's newest 5 stars and U2's latest album 5 stars as well. That's just this year.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Graceland? Christ. I hate that overrated piece of shit album.

Pink Floyd's Final Cut and The Who's It's Hard also got five-star treatment. Yikes.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Sandinista! doesn't deserve five-star treatment, not with so much "experimental" filler.

If the Clash had trimmed the fat and put the best songs on one album, maybe I'd understand the high praise.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I've always found that following Rolling Stone's record ratings as a guide for what to listen to is akin to having a blind man serve as your chauffeur.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nice pull KM...

I know they did not give Metallica's black album five stars when it came out in 1991. I think they go back and add an additional star after the fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted