1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beatles For Sale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

No reply. :D

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Don't judge a book just by the cover
    Unless you cover just another
    And blind acceptance is a sign
    Of stupid fools who stand in line

E.M.I. E.M.I. E.M.I.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You would think Apple Corps (i.e Paul Ringo and the wives) would buy it, keep some studios open for recording, turn the rest into a Beatles museum/ souvenir shop, and also get permission from the London city council to mount a digital camera above the walkway and sell the visitors their own version of the "official" Abbey Road cover.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's good stuff, there.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's a great idea. I have in-laws who would book their plane tickets and hotels immediately if they announced something like that.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The crosswalk at Abbey Road is a fairly busy road. I refused to do the picture while my friends did it because it seemed like a ridiculous idea and I didn't want to be one of the d-bags in the middle of the road blocking traffic.

8. Starman

From what I've heard and read, the secret is to show up and do it early Saturday or Sunday morning or another non-peak traffic time, when your chance to get 30 or 45 seconds with no cars passing through the intersection is fairly decent.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

They already have a live cam from the studios overlooking the crosswalk.

10. Starman

Yeah, just mount a fairly-high quality digital camera next to it so for 10 euros or 12 pounds or $25.00 or whatever, you've got a decent picture of you and your three friends walking through.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

How much to rent 3 friends?

12. Starman

priceless

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted