1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beating up your opponent's QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nmmetsfan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Without a doubt it has happened forever, but I don't think you can deny that crap like this has gotten worse in today's culture. People just don't think about long-lasting consequences as a result of their actions.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Who says you can't deny it? Who says you can prove that it has?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Have to feel bad for the volleyball teams who had their title game cancelled as well. They're collateral damage in all of this.

Thought this was kind of funny:

Uh, yeah, I think their chances were already hurt thanks to the fight even if they did play the game. Can't see any way the NCAA lets them in now.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A businessman stepped forward, along with Doug Williams, and convinced the players to end their strike on the promise that the situation would improve. They even won a game, too.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I do. I teach high school seniors. I get a glimpse every day how their minds work. They have no concept of lasting consequences. They think they are entitled and they will be given a pass on whatever they do. If they get into trouble, it's the cop's/principal's/coach's/etc.'s fault for making rules; not their's for breaking them.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

CLASS OF '89 REPRESENT!

Seriously, you just described every class in the history of high schools.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Anyone go with "Trojans slam Johnson in bathroom" as their headline? No?

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Aw, thanks. I missed that part. Must have gotten buried in other headlines somewhere for those of us not living close by.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Beating up an opponent's strong safety is a good middle ground.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Wow.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

WSSU QB should be thankful the Woo Woos didn't get involved. He'd be lucky to be in ICU.

Draft saved Draft deleted