1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beaten by a girl - in the New York Times

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Everyone in this sports department played through high school. Ditto my last stop.

2. OK

3. What is there to debunk? What is your issue? Why are you still here? If I had said women shouldn't be allowed to wrestle, then OK. If I said women are the weaker species, then sure. But why do I need to be lectured about being uncomfortable wrestling a girl by someone who never even wrestled?

4. Already answered your question:

It's the same thing. Part of wrestling is to cause pain. That was my attitude. Pain makes your opponent do what you want him or her to do. You guys want to make it look like I'm not competitive but I am. I'm also compassionate. I don't think girls are a weaker sex ... I've met some female rugby players who could knock my head off given the chance ... and there are a million women who are better athletes than I was ... but yes, wrestling equals pain.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Nailed that one.

6. You also said: it's because most of those who DID play sports can't form complete sentences. So those of us on the literate side of the fence were all that was left. ... See: Irvin, Michael, et al.

According to your "logic", it must be because most politicians, actors, musicians can't form complete sentences.

Dumbass.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Talent deficiencies. :)

8. Well next time use your sarcastic font ... it's easy to mistake you for an idiot.

9. Well, it's clear I upset the clique stating my opinion and sticking up for myself ... anyone else wish to try and pile on?

I'm in a foul mood.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

You're gonna be at 7,000 posts in no time at all.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm not going to pile on, but I will agree with Buckdub. Wrestling a woman and hurting a woman off the mats are two different things. She signed up for the sport. If she's as competitive as most women I know, she probably would be offended to know men aren't giving 100 percent against her. Respect her enough to give her 100 percent.

12. Fair enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted