1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beat Writer Defends Embattled I-A Football Coach

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by belton, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've viewed the notion of "supporting" a team, program, etc., in this sense: I wanted them to do well so that readers kept their interest, and thus, read the paper and my work. Because I worked for the kind of managers that would occassionaly glance at a sports section, and say, "Gosh, Team A hasn't won a game all year. Readers don't read about losing teams. Why should we pay to cover this? Maybe the sports section is heavy a position. I could use another city desk reporter."

Beyond my sense of self-preservation, I didn't care how any program performed.

But I was only a lowly high school sports reporter in an unimportant part of the country. I know nothing.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I don't know the situation at UConn / fans, but that Fiesta Bowl team was a stellar 8-4 (8-5 after the bowl) and not coached by Pasqualoni.

Draft saved Draft deleted