1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beat writer, Boise State University

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Well good for him. He's got a great chance to do some good stuff covering Boise State. Obviously, Fox Sports Midwest must be a dishrag hole to work for.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

sure you did, mark. sure you did.

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

BJ is about 27 and was a full-fledged employee of FSM, which didn't renew his contract this year.
    He did a great job covering the Cardinals, was at spring training, but did not travel to road games.
    I think he covered the Cards for three seasons. I do know he's a Kansas grad.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Ron. Might have hastened his job search a little bit. Best of luck in Boise to him.

5. Doc Holliday

I wonder why he didn't get it renewed? Got an update for us on that?

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

FSM had one writer go to FS Florida and then decided to part with BJ. They haven't really hired anybody new, just asked somebody already on staff who hadn't been writing to write more. He was like one of their video guys, I think.
    Basically, they trimmed the budget. Lost two guys and didn't replace either.

7. Doc Holliday

At least he's got a good gig to start out with. That sucks getting dumped like that.

8. Pretty sure FSM has made hires to replace guys that left. Ben Frederickson, who covered Wyoming, is headed there. I think they added another but name escapes me right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted