1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beat this football special section cover(s)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MileHigh, Aug 21, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't think this is a d_b, but you never know ...

The Orlando Sentinel got John McCain and Barack Obama to pose for their covers. They manipulated the press runs, too. Obama is on the front and McCain on the back for half of it. Then McCain is on the front and Obama on the back for the other half. The sections come out Friday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-footballsectionpromo082108,0,4946535.story

Here are the covers

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_sportsstuff/2008/08/barack-obama-jo.html

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hope McCain would keep "The Football" more secure than he does the football.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Yep, they did it again. The Sentinel always finds a way to blow the rest of us out of the water with its special section covers.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jack Kemp is wondering why he couldn't have held off running for 12 more years.

5. If Barack wants to carry the state, he shouldve asked to pose with Tebow.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Spinning's next question: Does McFraud know how to hold a football?

7. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Um, yeap ... that is a better concept -- and WAY better "get" -- than ANYONE else will have. Way to go, Orlando.

rb

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Van McKenzie is smiling.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Okay, so who here works or lives near the Orlando area and can send me a copy?

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Personally, I'm calling the Sentinel office tomorrow and ordering a single copy to be shipped cross-country.

Most papers still do that, right? :)

But yeah ... totally awesome.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The old sucker looks like he's posing with the season's first cantaloupe for the Sun City Independent.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do McCain or Obama have something to do with football that I'm not aware of?

I'm gonna set up a Miley Cyrus photo shoot for the Plain-Dealer and leave the Sentinel in the dirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted