1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears vs. Colts: Super Bowl XLI running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear Bears fans:

Please stop complaining over the media portrayal of your thugs Tank Johnson and Ricky Manning Jr. They should be in jail. And yes, if any other team in the Super Bowl had such rancid human beings on it, it would be just as big a deal. Just be glad you're not a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sincerely,
    A Husband Who Is Tired Of Explaining This To His Bears Fan Wife

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Tank Johnson and Ricky Manning? I read stories on both of them recently in the NY Times and they both seem like good guys.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's about the 10th time you've made the same post when one or both names come up.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Oz thanks for heads up. I thought my post had a familiar ring to it. Anytime you notice a duplicate post from me just give me a shout and I will take it down. I am in the early stages of alzheimers and have become very forgetful .
    My apoligies and thank you for working with me .

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

But poor Tank is just misunderstood, because White America can never understand him. Today the scumbag criminal thug decides it's white's America's fault he is what he is.

"I pride myself in being a normal person," said Johnson, arms splattered with ink, diamond-chunk earrings sparkling in the sun at Dolphin Stadium. "I just got caught up in the whole thing of being a normal guy."

"My definition of normal … the way I got to where I am today, you'll never know or understand. White America, or however you want to put it, it is what it is.

"I grew up different."

"When you see me walking down the street, I don't look like you, I don't talk like you and I don't walk like you. It's easy to say, 'He's just like the (rest of them). There's an opportunity to stereotype me right there. It's just the way I am: I'm young, I'm black, I've got tattoos, I've got dreads.

"It is what it is."

Of course, the fact that Gale Sayers said Tank Johnson has no right playing in the Super Bowl must just be more of White America not understanding.

TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT!

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If normal is stockpiling guns, abusing pit bulls, and hiring gang related security who conveniently gets gunned down in a club one day after he dragged your ass into the news again for something bad, then I'm really glad I'm fucking weird.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

[/Scoop nods approvingly]

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Would like to take this moment to once again express my puzzlement at the need of some people to find a "rooting" interest in every game. Your team's out? Hell, just watch and enjoy. Unless you have money on it. Then feel free to sweat throughout.

As for Mr. Johnson and Mr. Manning, Jr.: They have as much right to play this game as that criminal/murderer/stool pigeon Ray Lewis did.

Which is to say, no fucking right at all.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Tank, man, fuck those guys. Gimme a fist.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Man, I miss the times Tank and I would hang out. I'll miss betting on the dogfights and firing off rounds to let off steam in his backyard.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It is no more "puzzling" to find a Super Bowl team to root for than it is to decide that "the team with the red jerseys with the arrowhead on the helmet" is "my" team.

They're both equally acceptable . . . or equally stupid.

Laundry is laundry.

Upon further reflection, I think it is MORE reasonable to say "Bill Belichick is a complete horse's ass, so I will root against his team" in the Super Bowl than it is to say "the team with the red jerseys with the arrowhead on the helmet" is "my" team.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I understand the Belichick thing. I usually end up rooting for teams from my hometown. People choose different reasons for liking the teams they like, to each their own. But if someone has no rooting interest in any particular game, I don't understand why one must create one to enjoy it more.

As for teams with red and arrowheads . . . f%&$ the Chiefs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.