1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears vs. Colts: Super Bowl XLI running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

No, no, no. This is an NFL thread. All you SEC fans obviously jumped on the bandwagon after the game. Dyepack knew it was going to be Florida the whole way -- he knows everything -- but he didn't want to make us feel like lesser people by posting it ahead of time.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Actually, DickInSheep, the moderators and I have discussed this bullshit with SCeditor. If they don't deal with the problem, then it will continue.

I just think it's funny that all the after-the-fact experts on the college game were wrong about the NFL playoffs -- and have been proved wrong, time and time and time again. Yet they keep clinging to the same stupid shit -- Grossman sucks, etc.

It's no surprise to me that people here want to jump back and discuss college football on an NFL thread. After all, they were too dumb to know the difference between meaningless regular-season NFL games and meaningful regular-season games. Every week, the radio people have laughed at how completely off the print people have been.

I think it shows the high count of mindless buffoons taking up space on the print side these days. Of course, the pinheads here try to hide from that by lobbing their pointless little shots. But even if I had been fired from every job -- which has never happened, despite SCeditor's gutless little pussy shots -- I'd still be better than the pinheads here who can't, won't, don't get the facts right and never will. They can't grasp them or write about them, and their editors are either too gutless and/or too dumb to set them straight.

So keep on taking your uncreative shots. From the quality of the writing out there, it's the best many of you can do. Keep on trying to be after-the-fact experts because you sure as hell don't know much about the stuff before the game.

The NFL playoffs -- someday the print journalists will figure them out.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Before we get the lockdown...
    I'd like to see the Colts win. Mostly I'm sick of everyone ripping on Manning for never having won the big one.
    It kinda made me wonder what Marino was thinking when he kept hearing to be a great NFL QB you had to have won the Super Bowl. Especially considering the pantheon of losers who have the ring.
    Manning's always been second fiddle. He wasn't his dad. He wasn't his brother. He lost the Heisman (amazingly, some Heisman voters still defend Woodson). And was stuck with "has never won a title at any level."
    It isn't that I hate Chicago. I think they have a very good football team, but I'd like the Colts to win and I'd actually like to see a good game.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Obviously you can't focus on the Super Bowl thread.

But since you've trashed the thread now, I may as well respond. I generally avoid going off-topic in the running sports threads.

To me, the other topics are fair game. In case you haven't noticed, this is a sports thread.

And you can keep throwing out your little pussy shit. Even if had been fired from 15 jobs, I have no doubt I'd still be better than you across the board. If you have the guts, I can show you the documentation to set you straight.

Now isn't it time for you to scuttle on back and crank out some fanboy B.S.? Seems as if that's about all you might be good for.

5. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Let's keep it on the Super Bowl Dyepack. Your inability to stay employed shouldn't permeate this fine thread.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Somehow I figured you'd stick with being gutless and lobbing anonymous shots.

You don't want to be proved wrong since you know you would be.

Again -- better across the board. Not a doubt in my mind.

7. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok....in respect to Webby, I just edited myself.

Can I just respectfully say that I didn't appreciate DyePack's generalizations about print media just because many of us disagree with him on this matter?

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

About what?

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The reason you don't appreciate something.

12. I'm just waiting to see if a Steelers-related post makes it on here. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.