1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears Undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sheos, Oct 16, 2006.

1. sheos

sheos Member

And that's why our giant hype machine is out of control.
    How many columnists in the last week wrote about the possibility of chicago finishing 19-0? The Bears are a very good team mind you, a legitimate Super Bowl contender. But there has to be a rule against even mentioning the possibility of a team finishing undefeated until it reaches win No. 10.
    The NFL is a tough, grueling league. The Dolphins finishing undefeated has to be one of the most amazing feats in the history of sports.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

What the hell.

NFL Week Six Running Thread.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I did not see a single column even suggesting the Bears could go 19-0.
    We're barely one-third of the way through the season for god sake!

4. sheos

sheos Member

this isn't about Week 6 of the NFL, it's about this absurd early undefeated talk.
    I know the Miami Herald wrote one about the Bears, and I saw at least two others, not to mention the TV talk. It happens earlier every year.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Decatur Staleys, BYH.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not to mention the 1925 Pottsville Maroons

8. sheos

sheos Member

the argument in favor of bears going undefeated had to do with their terribly easy schedule. but in the nfl, that doesn't mean squat.
    has anyone ever figured out the odds of a team going undefeated? like the astronomical odds of a player hitting safely in 56 consecutive games?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Dawn Staleys?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now THAT'S comedy!!!! :D

Anyway, Sheos, I see your point. I did hear the jackass Michael Irvin say these Bears would lose one less game than the 1985 Bears. But just because mouth-breathing morons on the tube are talking about an unbeaten season doesn't mean the rest of the population is thinking about it. They're not even one-third of the way there yet. Well, technically, I guess they are now. But you know what I mean.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Hopefully, some day, a team will go undefeated to avoid another year of coverage of the senile '72 Dolphins alums celebrating.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Thanks to the sad-sack Cards, Da Bears won't be threatening the 72 Dolphins' bubbly.

23-10 Zona in the fourth.

Draft saved Draft deleted