1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears' Johnson Released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jun 25, 2007.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/614040.php?contentType=4&contentId=638012

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

In related news, Johnson changed his name to Tank Johnson Monday. More to follow.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

All he's guilty of, based on the story, is being "pulled over in Arizona." If you haven't been following the story, that leaves you with a few questions. Pulled over for:

speeding?
    faulty tail light?
    going too slow?
    reckless driving?
    an autograph?

Surely WBBM could add a few words to point out he was speeding, etc.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Like Pacman, Tank isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. You'd think these guys would learn. Their careers are on the line. Just stay home and, if you really need it, get the strippers/dancers/entertainment to come to you. If these two never play another down in the NFL it's nobody's fault but their own.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just saw this on NFL Live.......being eagerly reported by Michael Smith and Bonnie Bernstein......[insertownjokehere]

6. My brother and I debated this in one of those stupid hour-long sports bar over beers arguments on Saturday night.

He's a lawyer and, therefore, a big devil's advocate and claims that Tank's a 26-year-old grown man who can be out at 3:30 a.m. if he wants and if it comes back .02 or so, he should be off the hook.

I said that even if he's a night owl who has a right to be out that late - God knows I was in my glory days - he should know that the majority of the rest of the world couldn't imagine keeping those sort of hours and assume it means one is up to no good. Whether that's an accurate of defensible point of view is immaterial. At some point, Tank needed to quit being the rebel and just lay low. He chose not to. I'm glad they cut him. He's someone else's problem now.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Time for Goodell to put out a directive that he will not approve any contract for Tank Johnson.

Careers over for this piece of shit thug and scumbag Jones.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Amen! Playing in the NFL is a privlege not a right. Unfortunately the Union would fight that tooth and nail.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The NFL union is the most toothless, nailless union in sports. I doubt Goodell will go that far, but if he did, there wouldn't be much to stop him (owners, maybe).

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Geez, folks. Can we stop with the misleading thread titles? When someone reads your title and expects news about the Masturbating Bear, he wants Masturbating Bear news.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The Titans are on the clock in this year's Reverse NFL Draft!

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Capitalism baby, love me some capitalism.

Who cares what Tank Johnson or Pacman Jones does off the field, as long as he fulfills his contractual obligations and plays. If the government doesn't see fit to lock his ass up to miss a game, than why should his employer be denied his bought and paid for services.

BTW it would be very cool if other occupations allowed people to be called by their nicknames at work.
    Paging Dr. Arnold Schwartz, Paging Dr. Arnold "Scalpel" Schwartz.
    Good Morning Your Honor, I'm Neil "The Aquiter" Ferguson for the defense.
    Pull your car to the 2nd bay and Tommy "The Muffler" MacMillan will work on your car.

Just because 90% of employers that require some college education as a prerequisite to employment wouldn't tolerate even misdemeanor non job related activities, doesn't mean that the NFL should follow suit.

Get your big ass on the field and perform Tank, Gene Upshaw will protect you when you're done.

Let's stop being so sanctimonious about this, these guys are big, dumb and to the very left of the Bell Curve. If they don't have a job with the NFL, they will be carjacking Grandma and robbing the check cashing store, very very soon. The NFL is actually beneficial to society.

This was Written By William Alexander "Bud" Abbott

Draft saved Draft deleted