1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears decide Chicago isn't far enough north

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Three outstanding linemen (Peters, Kolce, Herrmans), a couple of solid RBs (McCoy, Brown), a couple of good TEs (Celek, Harbor). On defense, the Beagles stunk on ice, I'll grant you. DRC and Asmougha were major disappointments, but each is due for a bounceback.

Like I said, I don't know. That's just off the top of my head from Philly being in my division. But get the right QB to run the system and the Eagles could be a tough out.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Matt Forte and Michael Bush are about equal to LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown. Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings both had much better seasons than Nnamdi Asomugha or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. And all three linemen you mentioned had season-ending injuries in 2012.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Philadelphia offensive line has to be pissed with the Kelly hire.

"You mean, we have to run now? And block? And we don't get to huddle up after each play? Shit!!"

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The three linemen will all be back, however.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

And who knows how effective they will be, particularly in a drastically different offense? As JackReacher points out (I hate it when he's right), Kelly demands a lot from his linemen.

The Eagles aren't getting a better quarterback than Jay Cutler for next season unless he's already on the roster, which would require Nick Foles to improve drastically. And the Bears have a much better defense when it's functioning properly, which should be helped by new leadership.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Chicago is a LOT better than Philadelphia. It's pretty foolish to suggest otherwise.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's a very NFC East argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted