1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears decide Chicago isn't far enough north

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Sid Hartman has touted this guy for every NFL opening over the last 20 years. Based on that, and that alone, I'm deeming the Marc Trestman era a failure.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Scratch all my reservations about this move. Marc Trestman could provide a landing spot for the man, the myth ...

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/04/05/sports/doc4bb95b1d2071d221713881.txt

“I believe in the right environment Tim Tebow will figure this out. He doesn’t have explosive arm strength, but he has more than adequate arm strength to throw the ball in the NFL and make all the throws. I saw him do something totally different in seven or eight days. I can only imagine what he’s going to do in one year or two years, because he’s going to outwork everybody else and find a way to figure it out.”

Whitman and RickStain, enjoy your dynasty!

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Oh shit.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I can't believe he said that after seeing Tebow's disastrous stint with the Jets.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Tebow can't be any worse than Jason Campbell was this year or Hanie was last year in a back up role.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

My, you do jump to conclusions rather quickly, don't you?

Of all the teams filling coaching spots, I think Chicago is the quickest fix. They did win 10 games in spite of their offensive shortcomings. Now, those shortcomings may be scheme, or they may be personnel or some of both.

But it's not a stretch to fancy the Bears as contenders next season.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Tebow didn't have a "disastrous stint" with the Jets on the field. Instead he simply was not allowed to play. My knowledge of how Tebow plays pretty much ended with his last Broncos game, there wasn't enough of a sample of his work in NY to really have an informed opinion.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cutler is thrilled...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't know. Philly has the pieces in place to bounce back strong, if they can find a QB. It won't be Foles and it sure as hell won't be Vick.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What pieces do the Eagles have that the Bears don't.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Marinelli's gone. Trestman said they met and he decided to move on.

Not surprising.

Be interesting to see how the process of finding a new DC plays out.

12. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani
    In addition to Andy Bischoff, a #CFL source tells me Trestman will take #Als OC Pat Meyer to Chicago. Gives new Mtl HC room to hire a staff.

@BradBiggs: One source told me Argonauts head coach Scott Milanovich, former Maryland QB, could possibly join #Bears staff.

Draft saved Draft deleted