1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears decide Chicago isn't far enough north

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think just drafting offensive linemen is enough for the Bears. Is Clady really going to be available or is Denver going to franchise him?

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Oh, this is perfect. When YG wakes up, I'm going to tell him that everyone's comparing Trestman to Tony Dungy. I expect to see vomit on the floor within ten seconds of making that statement.

3. Mizzougrad96

They were comparing him to Bill Walsh and Jim Harbaugh on SportsCenter this morning...

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm fairly certain Denver will do whatever it can to retain Clady.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

For why in the fuck?

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm obviously not going to tell him that. :D

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Because they're not still angry over some bullshit in San Francisco almost 20 years ago?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Just posted this on the Coaching Carousel thread, but since there are parallel conversations going on ...

I just went back and looked at the 49ers' game-by-games of the Trestman years, because their season point totals actually rank quite high. They were very good at scoring into the 40s against some weak sisters, but they had trouble doing anything at all against good or even mediocre defenses. Now that I think back on it, where the heat really turned up on Seifert/Trestman was midway through 1995 when, as the defending champions, they scored seven points in back-to-back losses to the Saints and the EXPANSION Carolina Panthers. It was a year and a half of angst after that, highlighted by San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown calling Elvis Grbac an "embarrassment to humankind."

Good times.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Clearly Marc Trestman is history's greatest monster.

10. Mizzougrad96

Because Steve Young and Jerry Rice wanted to amuse themselves? :D

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

FWIW, Campbell was actually coach of the USFL's L.A. Express when the Oilers hired him, so they didn't hire him directly from the CFL like the Bears just did.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The text said, "The Bears have hired a coach." No name. I knew who it was. Then I ran to the bathroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted