1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beale St or Broadway ?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Memphis and be very careful.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Methinks this is a good Memphis thread for one to bump seeking updated recommendations.

Dates are not finalized yet. Sometime between May and October.

Any music, food and accommodation tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Memphis is one of the more underrated cities in America. Food, nightlife, culture (Stax and Sun Records) and history (Lorraine Motel/National Civil Rights museum)

Machine Head likes this.
  4. Machine Head

I was in Memphis for about 12 hours back in the mid 90s. Stayed at the Peabody. At the end of a long trip, no lasting impressions of it. Just a place to grab a drink and bed before flying out early the next day. I remember my traveling companion explain the fountain and duck thing, but that's it.

I have a day open on this trip so thinking about doing the drive from Memphis to Clarksdale, the Blues Trail.

Anyone have experience with shackupinn.com or other places to stop at?

5. Machine Head

Here’s a pathetic bump..any of you fuckers who don’t have me on the button been down this way?

I thank you in advance for any guidance.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I've got no guidance, other than that the couple of hours I spent on Beale Street one summer afternoon with the wife/kids was fun. Stopped for a beer at some outdoor bar and was enjoying listening to the singer, but couldn't see her anywhere. Then I realized she was serving me a beer. Yep. The gal fronting the afternoon band was also tending bar ... singing (bad-ass, natch) with one of those headphone deals.

Machine Head likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted