1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beale St or Broadway ?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Feb 4, 2013.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I'll go halves.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Will that thread also include a report on how good looking the ladies, and their moms, are?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll match it too.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you're considering a ballgame, and can get tickets, it would be worth it to hump it down to Oxford and take in one of the Ole Miss-Mississippi State games instead of a minor league game. Should be a great, lively crowd (probably close to 10,000 for the Friday night and Saturday games), plenty of tailgating, and two of the best programs in the country.
    A good SEC baseball series -- and that will be a good one -- is almost as big a deal as a football weekend.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't think I have ever wished for a thread subject more in my life.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I will drive to either town, solely for the purpose of comparing Giblets with you and Boom...

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is outstanding.

Thanks to oxfordcrowe for the advice. Is this the place? http://www.southlandgreyhound.com/ West Memphis Arkansas? I don't know if Boom is allowed in the state of Arkansas, will check.

But I would totally go to this place, you can adopt the Greyhounds...although the car will already be loaded with ducks, not sure how many Greyhounds we can strap to the roof. Something to work on.

Another question: Ox (can I call you Ox? I feel like we're friends) mentioned Clarkesville. Is the Clarksville of the Monkees song? Thinking Boom could drive on ahead and I could take the last train...do people do that sort of thing? Just a thought.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'll be there by 4:30

Not sure if I like the idea of going to the dog track. 21 may be sick of me after all that car time and leave me at the track with a note pined on me and give my car seat to a greyhound.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They have Karaoke in the Shine Blounge. Please. We have to go. Here's the drink menu....I want a Shiny Hooch.

http://www.southlandgreyhound.com/styles/Shine_Menu_P1.pdf

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I thought you'd be busy getting your pants pressed

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Assuming the Peabody is true to their word and provides ironing boards.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Really don't want to start another thread about this, but I have to ask: Has anyone ever used the ironing board in a hotel room? I mean, for ironing?

Draft saved Draft deleted