1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Bea Arthur Naked" sells for $1.9 million

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, May 17, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bea_arthur_topless_painting_sells_Ghk83TDzFBO8kHWW0oPdSK

It's an imagined painting, not one she posed for. And it's only topless so it doesn't address the leading question.

“It’s historically significant — it’s radical to sexualize someone people think of as asexual,” spokesman Koji Inoue said.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

Bea Arthur? Outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

http://gawker.com/jimmy-kimmel-bought-that-1-9-million-nude-portrait-of-509788479

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That's kind of crazy, Kimmel "only" makes $8 mil. I don't know anyone who would say it's a good idea to spend a quarter of your take home pay on a painting, especially one that appears to be destined to be a gag gift.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think it's hysterical. And whatever he makes, he has been making that for a long time. One of the best wastes of money on record.

I thought she'd have harder nipples though.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, damn, I cannot un-see that now.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I would dearly love to see a portrait of Adrienne Barbeau naked

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering it's Bea Arthur and it's Jeff Ross, I wonder if he's disappointed it only shows her from the waist up.
    Bea Arthur did a lot for his career. (3 minute mark) didn't realize he did this before the Comedy Central roast.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You'd fuck the painting? Well, that's weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted