1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be sure to silence all phones ... and reporters

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mediaguy, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Some of the biggest jerks I've seen in the business work the sidelines (not the sideline reporters) for a major sports network which shall remain nameless. I've seen more than a few shouting matches between print reporters and photographers and these cable jockeys who think they crap Skittles and own the field because they work for E-, er, that big network.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

What's amazing is he seemed to be talking back to Mora. Shut the eff up and either do your job quietly or get out. Especially so considering what the topic being discussed was.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to ID this clown.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Probably should change thread name then.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why?

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd bet my life savings that this guy is a stone-cold asshole with or without his phone.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's one thing to think your phone is off and have it accidentally go off during a press conference. To take the call is beyond comprehension, under any circumstances... If it's that important, you excuse yourself and walk out of the room...

8. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

So this guy was talking while Mora was eulogizing a dead player, and he then told the coach to "go on"? Yikes.

I do wish that Mora would have finished his statement about the player and then taken a few questions before walking off. Maybe he came back or answered more questions at a future press conference. But it would suck if the coach's words about this kid were cut off by some jerk on a phone.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sadly, this happens all the time...

I remember being at media days several years ago and there were several people in the auditorium having loud conversations on cell phones as press conferences are going on. It's insane.

10. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Mora held a separate press conference later with the beat writers and spoke for a while. Basically punished the radio/TV guys.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

KNBC offers apology. Scroll down:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/UCLA-Football-Player-Nick-Pasquale-Mourned-223009731.html

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Love the buried apology.

Draft saved Draft deleted