1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Careful...

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bamabelle2k15, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

I normally don't say too much, but I wanted to let you guys know I got burned badly by someone who was posting for workers on this site. My advice to anyone, especially anyone starting out, is do your homework on these people and companies. I didn't dig deep enough and this person got free work out of me. If you want to know who so you can avoid this person, just inbox me. thanks

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Or you can just say it - if someone is pulling that, why would you protect them?

3. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

Honestly, because I don't want no shit out of this person. we still battling over pay.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't want no shit - got it.
    Good luck. Let one of us know please because if he's truly pulling this stunt we can take care of future posts seeking help

5. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

I will just tell you who it is, fuck it he can't don't shit and if he tries, you guys can block him. It was Lamar Green. He posted something about looking for a sports director on this site. He got into it with a few of you on here. He hired me as an editor for his site and never paid me nor most of my writers.

6. Sports23

Sports23 New Member

Can 100 percent confirm this as well. The first day he had this, I told him I was interested, cane to a contract agreement and he wanted me to do all of this writing, but wouldn’t give me the contract. Luckily, I didn’t do anything for him, just a joke.

bamabelle2k15 likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

No warning signs in the original posting. [bluefont]

8. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

I signed the contract, but what happened after that you guys won't believe. First of all, supposedly we were hacked, therefore delaying our pay. The Hacker got my phone number and started harassing me for apparently no reason.The check was suppose to be overnighted to me and when I didn't get it, I contacted the "secretary" and she said I and one of the writers were "attacking" her just for asking for a tracking number for our checks, which again no one sent. I got a call from the money man who is suppose to be over the whole company swearing he would pay us by midnight, and again, it didn't happen. Finally, this dude who is a douchebag by the way, got into it with me so I decided to talk to the money man about it and called him from the number he called me from and come to find out, this "money man" didn't work there, but a Lamar (different last name) did and he was an intern at this law firm. So my theory is dude is a con artist. He mad at me for outing him to the other writers Friday and we stop working except for one person. And by the way, still no check.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. How many stories, and lengths, and how much you owed?

10. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

I wrote probably 25 stories, I hired most of the writers, told him how much he should pay them cause none of this was set up before I signed up, He owes me close to $2000 and most of the stories were around 300 words or more. I got out before it got too deep. But I wrote stories and I edited most of the stories too.

11. The Guy

The Guy New Member

So, what's the website?

12. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

News Blitz Online.

The website is a good website and under the right hands, could be successful. This person has no idea what he is doing, has a bad attitude and doesn't listen to anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.