1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be careful who you loan your phone to, it might cost your coach his job!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Cheryl Pollak - and she was tres hot. The song was perfect enough by itself but the fact that it was written for her character (Rita) made it even better.

[​IMG]

Tell me, tell me, the words to define
    The way I feel about, someone so fine
    :)

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

How do you "accidentally" discover somebody's text messages.

The coach is slime. Scum.

And the teammate is trash.

3. IU90

IU90 Member

Or how about this line: "the accusations were already creating strife on the club he [the coach] inspired to a 24-10-2 season this past winter and back-to-back Beanpot titles this year and last." Why the language about the scumbag coach allegedly "inspiring" the team's success? There's a bizarre team-cheerleading element interspersed into this article inappropriate for such a news story. For whatever reason, this writer REALLY wants readers to know that this team is good despite its extremely minimal relevance to the topic.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice work. Can't say I care for the song, but she's worth another look. :)

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it seem that just about every guy who is around girls or young women and is real friendly and popular and playful with them is hitting on them?

Pathetic.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, there has been some talk of the reporting of the story. Scroll up and see.

Otherwise, you have a point. Though I haven't seen anybody defending the guy. He deserves to be out of a job and out of coaching, not to mention whatever the wife decides to do to him.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

So, every player in the country should "accidentally" stumble upon their teammates' text messages and check them for possible evidence of wrongdoing?

You can make an argument commending the teammate for alerting someone in authority of what she discovered. You can also say it smells badly she would read her teammate's text messages after borrowing her phone.

8. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm assuming the roommate was a teammate who knew what was going on and looked through the phone with the intention of finding something, the smoking gun as was said earlier.

Just did a facebook seach on Kelli Stack. Can't see her full profile, but the picture you can see, Ms. Stack is giving the finger right to the camera (and everyone who looks at her profile)... think she's been getting some shit over this?

9. KP

KP Active Member

Interesting because the day this all came out she had a picture of someone (presuming it would be her) skating up the ice.

As for the title of the tread, that's how it all came to light. No judgement is being passed. What hasn't been mentioned is if the coach ever replied to Stack's text messages. Judging by the story the player sent the coach sexually themed text messages and he resigned.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Did you add her as a friend? ;)

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah and my phone number is in my profile. She's been texting me like craaazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted