1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be careful who you loan your phone to, it might cost your coach his job!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KP, Apr 25, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Right through the five hole.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

The award-winning head coach of Boston College’s outstanding women’s hockey team resigned yesterday under the specter of sexual misconduct between him and his teenage goal-scoring machine.

Outstanding? Goal-scoring machine?

Not exactly the best news lead from the Boston Herald.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Double J, that's outstanding work, and how this message board is supposed to be run. You took the time to find the photos that, frankly, are the second best thing about this story (behind knowing what the filthy messages are).

That the wife and the 19 year-old are way attractive are the cherry on top, so to speak.

Hats off, Double J. That's the kind of investigative work that earns Poster of the Year votes come awards time.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the teammate who borrowed the phone knew exactly what she was doing and wanted to find that smoking gun. If one teammate already asked to be released from her scholarship by BC because she didn't like the relationship, then I'm guessing she wasn't the only one who heard the rumors.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Poin...

Where the hell have you been?

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Thank goodness the smoking gun was a cell phone and not a Carla BlackBerry.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder if the girl who borrowed the phone and blew the whistle had something going with the coach, too...or at least wanted to. There's got to be some motivation there.

The coach is an idiot. Aside from the adultery part, the wife is better looking than the player anyway (though maybe that's just my preference for brunettes).

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this is the whistle-blower, putting two and two together after reading the last line of the story:

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/w-hockey/mtt/mcdonald_anna00.html

9. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

We must not rest until transcripts of those text messages have been obtained.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So Laurie Baker might be back on the market soon.
    I haven't even gotten to work yet and already some good news.

11. This is much easier on the eyes than that dreaded astronaut love triangle. And no diapers.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm getting to be of the age where I'm knowing people (peripherally, in my case) heading into the midlife crisis, or at least the first-baby crisis, which this coach (allegedly) has in spades. It seems like it's more common than at least I realized, in a Simon-Cowell-didn't-know-Los-Angeles-had-hungry-children-way, how many men, particularly those ages 33-45, just bolt or freak out soon after their first child arrives. And bolt to a younger woman, or nobody at all.

By the way, my wife has already told me to just buy the damn sports car when my midlife crisis hits.

Draft saved Draft deleted