1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be careful what you "Google."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Aug 1, 2013.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Boing Boing has a long history of "YOU SHOULD BE OUTRAGED BY THIS" twisting of narratives. I stopped reading them a few years ago because it got to the point where the cool stuff was severely outnumbered by this stuff.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Gmail users have no "reasonable expectation" that their emails are confidential, Google has said in a court filing.

Consumer Watchdog, the advocacy group that uncovered the filing, called the revelation a "stunning admission." It comes as Google and its peers are under pressure to explain their role in the National Security Agency's (NSA) mass surveillance of US citizens and foreign nationals.

"Google has finally admitted they don't respect privacy," said John Simpson, Consumer Watchdog's privacy project director. "People should take them at their word; if you care about your email correspondents' privacy, don't use Gmail."

http://bit.ly/17NkJI9

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is why I use Excite for all my web searches.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The government had zilch to do with it.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No Wai, I turned on my radio a couple weeks ago and they were all VERY VERY UPSET that the evull guvvmint was doing this!! A lot of people on teevee were very upset too!! We want our countree back!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted