1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS title game writer available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by SockPuppet, Dec 13, 2008.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Veteran college writer will be at the BCS title game starting Jan. 4, will be on site for media day. Anyone interested in player features specific to your area, let me know.

Also available for advance story, game story, etc.

Contact via PM. Thanks.

2. rontotarsky

rontotarsky New Member

Looking to hire writers for college football. If you are interested please contact me at rontotarsky@aol.com.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You have absolutely no clue what you're doing, do you?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Obviously he doesn't, and obviously he is new to the board, so instead of ripping him, how about we explain it to him.

Ron, this is the board for freelancers looking for assignments. There is a separate one --Freelance/stringer help wanted -- for media outlets looking for freelancers.

If you are looking for someone to write for you, start a thread on that other board and include as much detail as you can (who it's for, how much or at least if it pays, where you need these writers, etc.). Just saying you need writers for college football and giving an e-mail address leaves too many questions for many of us to know if we're interested.

For example, what kind of material are you looking for? Gamers? Features? Recruiting? Is it one time or ongoing?

Anyway, give us a better idea of what you have in mind and we can give you an idea if we want in.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

da man speaks the truth. I'll also add that this needs to be a cash gig. As in cash upon delivery or publication, not cash upon when the paper/mag/Web site gets enough traffic.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

lol let's make a $10 bet on whose post is more effective. I bet if you win it's more than you'd ever make from this clown.

Draft saved Draft deleted