1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS Standings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 20, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If Missouri can run the table they're absolutely no worse than #2 at the end, and in the National Championship. Assuming Oregon is also undefeated, I would think that would be the matchup.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

There's a line I don't recall ever reading during football season.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Florida State fans are in the awkward position of really hoping Miami and Florida do well outside of their games against the Seminoles.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's true for everybody. You want all of your opponents to kick butt and look good, so your games against them carry more weight. I'm sure the Alabama-LSU game lost some luster when LSU lost twice.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Alabama has nothing to worry about except its own games.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Maybe in some windowpane on the tongue trip, but not in the rational world. I think the Tigers can get to 12-0 with a little luck and Pinky not completely fucking things up, but I don't see them defeating Alabama. Kinda like the year they were No. 1, Alabama will put an Oklahoma-like ass kicking on Mizzou in a potential SEC title game.

And I say that as a Mizzou fan, where waiting for the other shoe to drop is a way of life.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If they beat Florida and Georgia, they can certainly beat South Carolina. I tend to think they'll lose two of those games, but it's not like you look at the schedule and say it's impossible to win out in the regular season. If they were staring down road games at LSU and Alabama, I would definitely be saying otherwise.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Based on what I've seen, I don't think any of those games are unwinnable for Missouri, especially with Shaw and Manziel having just been injured last week.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Johnny Manziel missed one series. The Missouri game is in a month and a half.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Florida State in front of Oregon? Seriously?

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Not only seriously, but obviously, at this point. Oregon has one good win, at Washington, which has lost three in a row. Florida State beat 6-1 Clemson, 5-2 Maryland and 4-2 Pittsburgh.

If Oregon beats UCLA and Stanford in consecutive games, it'll move up.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That road win over Clemson carried a lot of weight. If the Ducks beat UCLA this weekend, I could see that flipping...

Draft saved Draft deleted