1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS Standings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Inaugural rankings go as this:

1. Alabama
    2. Florida State
    3. Oregon
    4. Ohio State
    5. Missouri

Thoughts?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mizzou No. 1 in the Colley Matrix, bay-bee

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

One more reason for the delusion and paranoia of Buckeye Nation to boil over.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Proof positive that talk of an 8-team playoff is silly.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Four seems plenty to me by the time the season ends each and every year.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Without having the BCS supercomputer in front of me ... I'd guess that if Oregon wins out, they pass Florida State, because the Ducks have three one-loss Pac-12 opponents coming up.

Of course, Oregon has to win those games; I still think Stanford gets 'em. Just a hunch.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if Stanford keeps that within three scores, Coco. That offense is not working.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If Stanford can keep the game between the tackles, it can use it's size and strength and beat Oregon. If the game turns into a track meet in the open field, no one can stay up with the Ducks.

FSU got a big boost from beating a Top 10 team on the road. It has Miami and Florida still ahead. Oregon has Stanford and UCLA ahead, so if it can beat them, it will pick up points.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ohio State probably has the easiest road to an undefeated regular season. That certainly doesn't mean they're the best team in the country.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You're right, Mizzou. But under the BCS setup, an undefeated team from one of the power conferences will always wind up ahead of a one-loss rival in the standings. Hell, if Notre Dame did last year, Ohio State will this year. Next year, of course, the selection committee will put all these controversies to bed, I'm sure.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Maryland didn't fuck up completely by going to the Big 10. ACC has 3 teams in the top 10 and 4 in the top 15. Big10 has 1 in the top 20

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It was a bit strange how reluctant they were to let Hogan do ANYTHING against UCLA. I know Stanford is all about smash-mouth football, but at some point you need your QB to win a game or two for you. Like, oh, at the end of the Utah game, for example ...

Draft saved Draft deleted