1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bcs standings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 14, 2007.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Yeah....freshman right guard...have you actually USF play this year? Have you seen their defensive line?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

No. 1 OL prospect in the country last year... 6-5, 310

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

High school recruiting rankings are never wrong !

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Working in South Florida, USF playing in the title game would be the best and worst of both worlds.

5. Oz --
    I am so happy for you, brother.
    Blow that up wall-sized!

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Anthony Davis, if this is who you are talking about, was highly touted, but Ryan Miller (Colorado) and Josh Oglesby (Wisconsin) were the two top offensive line prospects in the nation in 2007.

7. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Gotcha. My bad.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If USF goes 3-0 against Rutgers, UConn and Cincy, they will not drop below No. 2 at that point. The latter part of their schedule will hurt their SOS, but as long as they keep the L off their ledger, I don't see them dropping below anyone (other than LSU, who will NOT lose again. Full stop.)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, I don't know about that...LSU could run the table or LSU could lose twice...

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that either OSU, ASU, BC or SF will finish the year undefeated. Not all of them, but possibly one.

If one does finish undefeated, and are the only undefeated team from a major conference, I sure hope two teams with one loss (LSU and Oklahoma possibly?) do not get to play in the title game.

I just have a feeling that is going to happen if one of these teams run the table.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

ESPN is no longer referencing the AP Top 25, but the BCS standings when doing rankings.
    I guess now it's just a Top 20.

12. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

93...Really? I would think that any team from a BCS conference that runs the table is a lock for the national title game, if they're the only undefeated team. At least they should be.

I know people have preconceived notions of who is the best team and who isn't, but in my mind, any team that goes undefeated in a major conference is deserving if it's the only team that does so. Sure, the Big Ten or ACC probably isn't as deep as the SEC. Sure, BC, ASU and USF aren't big names. But you know what? If those teams do what no one else does, it'd be pathetic to leave them out.

LSU would probably win seven or eight out of ten against all those teams. But LSU would probably win seven or eight of ten against Kentucky too. Doesn't matter -- the Tigers lost. If LSU works its way to 12-1 and wins the SEC title, you'd be hard-pressed to leave them out. But, in my mind, LSU won't get in at the expense of a team with no losses from a major conference.

Draft saved Draft deleted