1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bcs standings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 14, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Does George O'Leary vote in the coaches poll? I'd love to see that list

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

See, that's fine. I used to think that about the Gamecocks. Then I looked around and realized there AREN'T any great teams. I mean, look at the BCS Top 10:

1 Ohio St: Hasn't played ANYBODY at all.
    2 South Florida: Who the fuck knows ... honestly.
    3 Boston College: Softer schedule than even Ohio State.
    4 LSU: Just lost at Kentucky. KENTUCKY.
    5 Oklahoma: Lost to Colorado ... which just got jacked up by Kansas State.
    6 South Carolina: I'm a fanboy and I'm positively stunned they're this highly ranked.
    7 Kentucky: Lost at South Carolina and still has to play Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.
    8 Arizona St: Hasn't played anybody, but at least a better schedule than BC.
    9 West Virginia: Lost to South Florida already.
    10 Oregon: I honestly don't know the first thing about 'em, other than they waxed Michigan.

How many of those teams really instill fear in you? How many can go on the road against a pretty good opponent and leave folks thinking "there's no way they lose that game."

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And the Bulls will drop precipitously after they lose in Piscataway on Thursday night.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

That's a lot of faith you have in Mike Teel ...

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Ray Rice and some very good wide receivers and a new tight end, new blocking fullback and new freshman stud right guard

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Rutgers can be Cincinnati's bitch, it can surely be South Florida's bitch.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

It's still Teel at the wheel, and he is not very good in my estimation.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Having watched Teel since he was a junior in high school, I think he's pretty damn good

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

A group that still couldn't beat Cincinnati, which just lost to a very average Louisville team at home.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

No Cj.
    Schiano changed the FB (Rice's lead blocker), the TE and RG after the Cincy loss and also made some defensive changes

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh. Well, I'm sure it'll all work out for the best.

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

USF should beat Rutgers, I think their not a very good defensive team right now and they've been forcing the issue with Rice. USF has proven that running on them is going to be a chore.

UConn provides a major trap game though and the home games against Cincinnati and Louisville to follow are no different.

USF's next three opponents record -- 16-4. USF's first five opponents' record (not including 4-2 Elon) -- 19-14.

They will not have an easy road to any sort of riches.

Draft saved Draft deleted